RE: [gtkmm] Talk about a major rewrite

You're wrong! New ideas are well received
but sometimes people do abuse.

Gtkmm project still exists thanks to Murray,
Daniel and a couple of other guys. Just look
at developers page for the full list.

They have to build a C++ Wrapper to an API
that tries to emulate OOP in C with some
wacky semantics.

Many C++ that learn about gtkmm come to
this mailing list and say 'I think that
feature X should be done like this...'.
But they haven't contributed to the project,
don't expect to contribute and want the gtkmm
developers just accept blindly their 'I know
better how wrap Gtk+ than you' attitude.

Do you want to be taken serious ? Contribute
to gtkmm. Write an article, provide a patch,
find bugs in the documentation, help people
on the mailing list, whatever.

Paulo Pinto