Re: [gtkmm] Talk about a major rewrite

Am 06.08.2002 15:19 schrieb(en) Nuno Afonso:
> The problem with this is that there is no way to make it type-safe.
> Even without type-safetiness it would be quite an effort to implement:
> You'd need something like an "Any" type or a templated set_data()
method...

what do you mean about type-safe? you mean control the widgets that
would be inserted into each cell? so that we couldn't insert into a cell
another Table?

I mean that the _compiler_ won't let you assign a string to an integer field.
At least I _think_ that's the way we have it at the moment. I haven't used
the stuff yet.

Regards,

  Martin