Re: [GtkGLExt] Fwd: Re: GtkGlExt & GTK3

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 12:38:56AM +0000, Carlos Pereira wrote:
     Hello everyone, hi Javier, hi John,

     I prepared a new edition of this code:
     http://www.gamgi.org/gtk_opengl.tar.gz

     The (minor) differences are:

     1) added a fourth  parameter to gtk_opengl_create (direct
     rendering or rendering through X);

     2) back ported to GTK 2 the colormap simplication that Javier
     introduced in the GTK 3 version. The only difference between GTK2
     and GTK3 versions of gtk_opengl.c is now this (occurring in
     several functions):

     GTK 2:
     Display *xdisplay = gdk_x11_drawable_get_xdisplay (drawable);

     GTK 3:
     GdkDisplay *display = gdk_window_get_display (drawable);
     Display *xdisplay = gdk_x11_display_get_xdisplay (display);

     3) Added legal notices (this is a overkill but I am trying to
     make life as simple as possible for everyone): The version for
     GTK 3 is distributed under the licenses simplified BSD or LGPL
     (users choose). The version for GTK 2 is distributed under the
     simplified BSD. The rationale is: the GTK team might prefer the
     LGPL but BSD can be used everywhere, including closed source. The
     simplified BSD is the simplest license I could find (the OpenBSD
     license). The CC0 seems slightly more complex...

     4) Javier, I added your name to the copyright notice, as you gave
     a very significant contribution to make this code useful.

     5) Everything else are cosmetic changes: updated comments,
     variable names, order of functions

     6) As a result this new tarball has the following directories
     (just ignore those you don't want):

     gtk3_bsd/
     gtk3_lgpl/
     gtk2_bsd/
     gtk2_glext/

     This is also explained in the README.

This is starting to look promising.

Are you intending to release it as an installable library? Or is it your intention that users just copy the
code into a their own packages?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3