Re: [GtkGLExt] Fwd: Re: GtkGlExt & GTK3

On 4 March 2014 00:38, Carlos Pereira <jose carlos pereira ist utl pt> wrote:
Hello everyone, hi Javier, hi John,

Hi Carlos,

I prepared a new edition of this code:
http://www.gamgi.org/gtk_opengl.tar.gz

The (minor) differences are:

1) added a fourth  parameter to gtk_opengl_create (direct rendering or
rendering through X);

2) back ported to GTK 2 the colormap simplication that Javier introduced in
the GTK 3 version. The only difference between GTK2 and GTK3 versions of
gtk_opengl.c is now this (occurring in several functions):

GTK 2:
Display *xdisplay = gdk_x11_drawable_get_xdisplay (drawable);

GTK 3:
GdkDisplay *display = gdk_window_get_display (drawable);
Display *xdisplay = gdk_x11_display_get_xdisplay (display);

3) Added legal notices (this is a overkill but I am trying to make life as
simple as possible for everyone): The version for GTK 3 is distributed under
the licenses simplified BSD or LGPL (users choose). The version for GTK 2 is
distributed under the simplified BSD. The rationale is: the GTK team might
prefer the LGPL but BSD can be used everywhere, including closed source. The
simplified BSD is the simplest license I could find (the OpenBSD license).
The CC0 seems slightly more complex...

4) Javier, I added your name to the copyright notice, as you gave a very
significant contribution to make this code useful.

5) Everything else are cosmetic changes: updated comments, variable names,
order of functions

6) As a result this new tarball has the following directories (just ignore
those you don't want):

gtk3_bsd/
gtk3_lgpl/
gtk2_bsd/
gtk2_glext/

This is also explained in the README.

Thanks for all this work.
Do you have a gitorious account?
I can add you as administrator of [1] so it would be easier to
collaborate/track progress in case you want to use it

Cheers!

[1] https://gitorious.org/gtkopengl/gtkopengl/source/master:

--
Javier Jardón Cabezas