[GtkGLExt] gtkglext-3.0 Status Update

Hi

I just pushed the latest changes for the GTK+ 3 port into my repository.
As before you can get the git tree from

  git://github.com/tdz/gtkglext.git

Mike Paul contributed a bug fix for missing linker flags of some example
programs; and cleaned up the names and versions, so that everything says
'gtkglext-3.0'.

I created an initial port of the win32 target. On Fedora 15 with mingw32
this builds when being configured with the argument string
'--enable-win32-backend --disable-x11-backend --host=i686-pc-mingw32'.
The win32 target contains the same short-comings as the x11 target:
mainly no colormaps and no pixmap support. Some of the example programs
contain bugs, but these have been reported before or are probably
located within GTK+ itself.

I also added support for multiple rendering targets (i.e., platforms)
within a single binary. The implementation is based on explicit tests or
function pointers, whatever seems more appropriate. I wonder if it's
possible to actually use multiple targets at the same time. Look at this
example:

 glXMakeCurrent(glx_context);
 wglMakeCurrent(wgl_context);

 glXGetCurrentContext() == ?;

There can only be one active GL context per thread, so the OpenGL
implementation has to make sure that at any time only one target has an
active context. In the example above, a safe GL implementation should
return NULL for glXGetCurrentContext.

For the next week I plan to re-factor the source code to resemble the
style and conventions of GTK+ 3. I also plan to cleanup several API's
and simplify the GDK interface.

Regards
Thomas

--
GnuPG:          http://tdz.users.sourceforge.net/tdz.asc
Fingerprint:    16FF F599 82F8 E5AA 18C6 5220 D9DA D7D4 4EF1 DF08

jsapigen - A free glue-code generator for Mozilla SpiderMonkey. See
http://jsapigen.sourceforge.net for more information.