Re: [GtkGLExt] compilation and gtk3 questions

On Sat, 2012-01-07 at 06:06 +0100, Victor henri wrote:
> I'd like to know if the git version of gtkglext is compatible with
> gtk3? As far as I understand, not yet.

No, not yet.  I've been studying some of the issues involved in porting
it to GTK3, but there's a significant amount of work to be done.

> On the other hand, please how can I compile this version? The doc
> says :
>
> When you are working on the Git version of GtkGLExt, you can use
> autogen.sh
> for generating configure script and Makefiles.

That confused me at first too.  It turns out that autogen.sh was
replaced, in commit dcff449422cb93f4e9513e40048ac4df6353696f, with a
script called "bootstrap".  The readme wasn't updated.

That reminds me:  does anyone have any tips for building GtkGLExt on
Windows?  I attempted it, but it seems I didn't make the proper
sacrifices and incantations while installing Cygwin and MinGW; I
couldn't even get the configure script to run successfully.  (I don't
remember the specific errors, unfortunately -- it was back in November
that I tried it.)