Re: [GtkGLExt] Multisampling?

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 10:19:25PM +0100, Robert Hildebrandt wrote:
     Hi guys,

     I'm using gtkglextmm-1.2 for a project of mine and I would like to use
     Multisampling.

     I've seen in the comments of the headers, Multisampling not to be
     supported yet, although there's a path since almost 5 years:
     http://www.mail-archive.com/gtkglext-list gnome org/msg00266.html

     My first question is, whether there's a reason why this patch has not
     been included to the official gtkglext(mm)

I think the answer is found a few posts further at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gtkglext-list gnome org/msg00360.html

"the patch does not implement
Win32 support, which is a requirement for any new feature."

However, I'm not sure who stipulated this requirement.  GtkGLExt is or
aspires to be part of Gnome, which is itself a GNU project. Insistence
upon w32 support flies in the face of the official GNU guidelines which
can be found at
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/System-Portability.html#System-Portability

     If not, I would like to help to do this step (there's much I have to
     learn, so I would need you help)

I too would love to see multisampling supported in GtkGlExt (and a don't
particularly care about windows).  So perhaps the maintainers would
look at it again in light of this.

Of course, if you have the necessary expertise to make it work on w32, then
that'll keep everyone happy.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3