[GtkGLExt] GtkGLExt - (cross) building troubles

Hello,
I want to (cross) build from source the "GtkGLExt" library (the OpenGL
extension to GTK+).
I am in Linux and I want to build the "Windows" version of that library (for
cross-compiling I use "MinGW").

So I downloaded the source code from "
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gtkglext/gtkglext-1.2.0.tar.gz
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gtkglext/gtkglext-1.2.0.tar.gz ", extracted
it and then run:

    ./configure --host=i386-pc-mingw32

but I got the error:

    configure: error: Cannot find GL library

So I just copied those OpenGL library and include files which are "shipped
with MinGW" - "libopengl32.a", "libglu32.a" and "libglaux.a" to a
"lib-search" directory; and "GL/gl.h", "GL/glu.h" and "GL/glext.h" to an
"include-search" directory - and try the configure command again - but
nothing changed :-( .

It seems that I don't have all the required OpenGL files for building the
GtkGLExt library.

So do you know what OpenGL files and from where should I get or what
environment variables should I set to successfully (cross) build the
GtkGLExt library from source?