Re: [GtkGLExt] Problem with shared lists

Hi Braden,
Thank you for answering!

I will prepare a test case and I will fill a bug report, then I will report again to this list.

Cheers,
Carlos
On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 15:15 +0000, Carlos Pereira wrote:
Definitely it seems that when a GLContext (for a given drawing area) is removed, shared pre-compiled OpenGL lists already made are no longer available for new GLContexts (new drawing areas), though they still work in old GLContexts. This problem did not exist with GTKGLArea, I just confirmed with some old code. Clearly this is a GtkGLExt-specific issue, either I am not using GtkGLExt correctly or there is a bug in GtkGLExt.

This problem should affect any app supporting multiple, independent, top windows, each one with a GL area (windows can be created and removed, as long as at least one window exists at any given moment, not necessarily the first window, created when the app started).

Can someone help me on this? shall I copy the GLContext of a top window (where the shared lists information is kept) before it is removed? to where?

Please file a bug on this at bugzilla.gnome.org.  It would help a lot
with tracking this down if you could provide a reduced test case that
demonstrates the problem.