[GtkGLExt] =?utf-8?q?=28resend=29_Re=3A__Is_it_possible_to_use_ov?= =?utf-8?q?erlays_with_gtkglextmm_=3F?=

    There's many ways to slice an orange :P

    First of all, all one needs to do is scan through the coordinates
and check for min/max ranges.  Because you will be gathering data from a
finite dataset (i.e. one wouldn't expect to use numbers of the
10^1000000 range for example!) you can then act on the given range as
appropriate.

    32-bit floats can reliably represent numbers in the integer range of
1^24, so if the data doesn't fit into it, you can use several methods.
Data partitioning is one of them.  You can stuff your figures into
32-bit integers, or even 64-bit integers (post multiplied) and just send
the lower 16 or 32 bits to the vertex array according to the viewing
range.  It's free range-clipping.

    Also one can partition data into 8 volumes, each with their own
coordinate system (with a full dynamic range each of, say, 32 bits)
which is represented on-screen by offset rendering.

Regards,
        Jose.