[GtkGLExt] DrawingArea not updated when started remotely.

Dear List,

I encountered a rather strange problem. The program(using GtkGlExt)
works fine on a local machine: the DrawingArea is damaged, then it is
repainted in expose_event.

However when the application is started via ssh -X on the same machine
remotely, nothing is painted. The Drawing Area is damaged, the
expose_event is emitted. The DrawingArea remains with the existing pixel
data.

glxgears and a FreeGlut teapot work fine.

Was I trapped by any common pitfalls? Could anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Yu