Re: [GtkGLExt] GdkGLPixmap troubles

Hi Lindley, Jean,

> Exporting a GL view is just a nightmare. Things seem to depend upon the
> used driver. The solutioin I use can be seen at
> http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/gchemutils/libs/gcu/glview.cc?annotate=1098&root=gchemutils
> starting from line 368. Not sure it works in all cases.

Yes, I can confirm that doing offscreen openGL rendering in a portable
way truly is a nightmare. It depends on the openGL driver and some
drivers are so dodgy that they even tell you that they support
offscreen openGL rendering when they don't.

OSMesa is a good alternative, however it is not that well supported either...

I would imagine offscreen openGL rendering to be something many people
want to do but I am puzzled by the lack of ressources on the topic on
the web. Are people using some other mechanism we are not aware of?

Thanks for your code Jean, I will have a look and see if I can use it
to improve mine (http://gfs.sf.net).

cheers

Stephane