[GtkGLExt] numerous contexts, 1 swap?

I am working on a video conference application that uses gtkglextmm to display the video. At current, I am swapping after drawing on each video frame. This works great until a number of different video thumbnails are visible, at that point the main video screen's quality starts degrading; it seems to stutter. This is because the framerate on that particular screen has dropped below 20 FPS. I think if I were to consolidate all the swapping somehow, I would be able to get good quality video. I have tried numerous approaches with sometimes amusing results, but none were satisfactory.

I am wondering if there's an expert out there that can confirm this: Does swapping buffers on one OpenGL widget swap buffers for them all?

Thank you for your assistance

Rob Stoddard