[GtkGLExt] Trouble building ruby-gnome2-all on Intel Mac OS X 10.4

Hi all,

I'm trying to build the latest ruby-gnome2-all package on an Intel Mac, but I keep getting an error message that suggests pkg-config is needed to build. Of course, that software is not present on the Mac. What now? Does this even apply on OS X? I apologize if I made some obvious mistake, but I seem to be stuck...

Anyway, here is the (relevant portion of the) output of extconf.rb:

extconf.rb: Entering directory `vte'
/Users/udoschroeter/Desktop/ruby-gnome2-all-0.16.0/glib/src/lib/pkg-config.rb:13: command not found: pkg-config --list-all
checking for GCC... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func()... yes
checking for rb_block_proc()... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... yes
checking for vte version (>= 0.12.1)... no
*** .././vte/extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
        --with-opt-dir
        --without-opt-dir
        --with-opt-include
        --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
        --with-opt-lib
        --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
        --with-make-prog
        --without-make-prog
        --srcdir=.././vte
        --curdir
        --ruby=/usr/local/bin/ruby
        --with-pkg-config
        --without-pkg-config
extconf.rb: Leaving directory 'vte'

-----
Ignored libraries: glib, gdkpixbuf, pango, atk, gtk, gconf, gnome, gnomecanvas, gnomeprint, gnomeprintui, gnomevfs, gtkglext, gtkhtml2, gtkmozembed, gtksourceview, libart, libglade, panel-applet, poppler, rsvg, vte
-----
Done.

This is on OS X Tiger, by the way. GCC and developer tools are installed. Would it work on Leopard?

- Udo