Re: [GtkGLExt] subwindows

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 22:20 +0100, ivan danicic wrote:
> On Saturday 27 May 2006 16:18, ivan danicic wrote:
> > Hello All,
> > Here I place two drawing_areas into "fixed" so:
> >
> >  gtk_widget_show (fixed);
> >   gtk_fixed_put(GTK_FIXED (fixed),drawing_area2,10,0);//this is on left
> >  gtk_widget_show (drawing_area2);
> >
> >  gtk_fixed_put(GTK_FIXED (fixed),drawing_area1,210,0);
> >   gtk_widget_show (drawing_area1);
> >
> > I noted that the behaviour of the areas changes radically depending on
> > their position in "fixed". The one on the left is the more active, no
> > matter which one I put there.
> > Any comments or explanations gratefully received.
> > Ivan
> Hello,
> I have now traced the curious behaviour of the two drawing areas
> to these two statements:
>
>  g_signal_connect_swapped (G_OBJECT (window), "key_press_event",
>  G_CALLBACK (key_press_event), drawing_area2);
>
>  g_signal_connect_swapped (G_OBJECT (window), "key_press_event",
>  G_CALLBACK (key_press_event), drawing_area1);
>
> The trouble is that only the first statement is obeyed. How can I
> change that? I really want the action to take place on both areas.

Sounds as if you're wanting the same callback to be called twice for a
single event, I don't think that GTK+ will do that.  Whatever the
functionality of your callback, it should be trivial to write it so that
it updates both drawing area widgets.  Either way, this is a GTK+
question, not releated to GtkGLExt.

Tim