Re: [GtkGLExt] subwindows

On Saturday 27 May 2006 16:18, ivan danicic wrote:
> Hello All,
> Here I place two drawing_areas into "fixed" so:
>
>  gtk_widget_show (fixed);
>   gtk_fixed_put(GTK_FIXED (fixed),drawing_area2,10,0);//this is on left
>  gtk_widget_show (drawing_area2);
>
>  gtk_fixed_put(GTK_FIXED (fixed),drawing_area1,210,0);
>   gtk_widget_show (drawing_area1);
>
> I noted that the behaviour of the areas changes radically depending on
> their position in "fixed". The one on the left is the more active, no
> matter which one I put there.
> Any comments or explanations gratefully received.
> Ivan
Hello,
I have now traced the curious behaviour of the two drawing areas
to these two statements:

 g_signal_connect_swapped (G_OBJECT (window), "key_press_event",
 G_CALLBACK (key_press_event), drawing_area2);

 g_signal_connect_swapped (G_OBJECT (window), "key_press_event",
 G_CALLBACK (key_press_event), drawing_area1);

The trouble is that only the first statement is obeyed. How can I
change that? I really want the action to take place on both areas.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Ivan