Re: [GtkGLExt] Can't compile gtkglextmm

Jean Br�rt kirjoitti:
> Le samedi 10 juin 2006 �2:36 +0300, Markus Ilmola a �it :
>
>> I downloaded gtkglext 1.2.0 and gtkglextmm 1.2.0 from
>> http://www.k-3d.org/gtkglext/Main_Page.
>>
>> First I extracted gtkglext and installed it by typing:
>>

>> ./configure
>> make
>> make install (as root)
>> make examples
>>

>> Everything worked fine including the examples.
>>
>> Then I extracted gtkglextmm and tried to install it by typing
>> ./configure, but I got this error:
>>

>> checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... configure: error: Package requirements
>> (gtkglext-1.0 >= 1.0.0 gdkglext-1.0 >= 1.0.0 gtkmm-2.4 >= 2.4.0
>> gdkmm-2.4 >= 2.4.0 pangomm-1.4 >= 2.4.0 ) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'gtkglext-1.0' found
>> No package 'gdkglext-1.0' found
>>
>> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>>
>> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables
>> BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS
>> and BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
>> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>>

>> I am using SUSE Linux 10.1.
>>

> you installed gtkglext in /usr/local. Use:
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> ./configure

Ok I tried that, but it did not make any difference.

Then I reinstalled (./configure, make ...) gtkglext (while
PKG_CONFIG_PATH still set to /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
?) and it still worked fine as before.

Now I tried to install gtkglextmm and I got this different error mesage:

checking for GtkGLExt - version >= 1.0.0... no
*** Could not run GtkGLExt test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GtkGLExt or finding the wrong
*** version of GtkGLExt. If it is not finding GtkGLExt, you'll need to
set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
configure: error: GtkGLExt not found