Fwd: Re: [GtkGLExt] troubles with shareing display lists - it must be my machine

Grrr. Forgot to copy to the list.

walter tallent <w41t3r yahoo com> wrote:
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:48:29 -0800 (PST)
From: walter tallent <w41t3r yahoo com>
Subject: Re: [GtkGLExt] troubles with shareing display lists - it must be my machine
To: jlm <jsado_sc4 earthlink net>

Hi.
If I comment out "Load dri" from my xorg.conf, all the problems go away.  I'm guessing that's what you meant by "disable hardware acceleration."
The error is a segmentation fault either in driCreateContext() or driDestroyContext(), depending on if I'm trying to create a new opengl enabled window or killing one.  This happens in r200_dri.so.
Just for clarity, it doesn't matter if I'm sharing lists or not, or even if I'm using display lists or not.  My app has a gtknotebook in it that I'm putting my windows into, if I open a few opengl windows, then close one, any one, and then either open or close another, I get this crash I've been whining about for I think 2 weeks now.  Unless I either set the direct context parameter in gtk_widget_set_gl_capability() to false OR comment out the "Load dri."  Then all is well.  But slooooooowwww.
I also tried all of this as root, because I'm still not comfortable with udev, on the off chance I have a permission issue.  I get exactly the same behavior.
Based on that, I'm assuming that something is wrong with my r200_dri.so (I have a radeon 9200).  I've got a good mind to pull it out of my computer and spank it.  Hard.
thanks for listening
walter

jlm <jsado_sc4 earthlink net> wrote:
If you disable hardware acceleration do you still get this error? And
what is the error exactly? Does X return a short statement about the
error? I know there was one regarding "Bad Color" something and another
one I would get, but it would not show up if hardware acceleration was
off. I thought all of those bugs were fixed, though.