[GtkGLExt] troubles with shareing display lists - it must be my machine

Well, I don't know what to do.  It comes down to if I use a glcontext that directly accesses the graphics hardware, I get a crash after opening a closing a few  windows.  It doesn't matter if I'm using display lists, and it doesn't even matter if it's my code.  I loaded up some one else's code that opens and closes multiple windows, and I get the same crash.  It always happens in "r200_dri.so" and it happens either during driCreateContext() or driDestroyContext().
I guess there's something wrong with my X configuration, or driver.
Oh well.  Been banging on this all day, getting nowhere, only to find it's not in my code at all.
Heh.  Bedtime.
walter

Yahoo! Photos