Re: [GtkGLExt] BadColor

Tobias Eberle writes:
> Hello,
>
> > The problem is created seemingly only when I use a threaded program
>
> do you make OpenGL calls from the thread? I had a similar problem one
> and a half year ago. There I made OpenGL calls from the main and from
> another thread. After doing all the OpenGL stuff in the main thread the
> problem vanished. I don't know, is OpenGL thread safe? Maybe Mesa is and
> fglrx not?

In my case, I'm using the nvidia driver.  I doubtful that its a threading
issue.  My program is threaded, but I only use one thread for OpenGL.

I'm suspicious that its a bug having to do with the use of
'XmuLookupStandardColormap()'.  For one thing, the bug is persistent for the
life of the Xserver process, and its caused by a bad Colormap id being set
on the window by this function.  I can't find much documentation about this
function.  Since its persistent, it could very well be an Xserver bug.
Perhaps its not such a good idea for gtkglext to be using it?

-bryan