Re: [GtkGLExt] code example for using ARGB, composite and GLX

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 20:24 +0200, Mirco Müller wrote:
> 	I wonder if the maintainers of gtkglext might consider adding support
> for ARGB-visuals to be used with GLX in a composited environment. The
> recent driver release from nvidia (1.0-8756) made first experiments
> possible. I gave it a try. Have a look here (video-screencast and
> sourcecode available):
>
> 	http://macslow.thepimp.net/?p=40
>
> 	Initially I attempted to get this done with normal gtk+ and gtkglext,
> but failed. Doing this the hard (pure Xlib) way was not so pleasant :)

I'm not familiar with ARGB visuals at all, so the question is, how do
they fit in with GLX?  If it is just a new visual attribute that can be
requested just like "alpha", "stencil", "double-buffer", etc. then it
can be added to the GdkGLConfigMode enumeration.  Is ARGB distinct from
RGBA (there's an unused option for RGBA already)?

Cheers,
Tim