[no subject]

That -0 at the end of the DLL file name is the binary build number. It's
part
of the version control convention used by the Gtk+-2.0 build process. So
it's
a standard thing and definitely is not the cause of your problems.

> Assuming I can get something working, what effect will trying to compile
> with -mno-cygwin have on compiling and execution?

This depends on which GCC you're using. If you're using the Cygwin GCC
then you have to use -mno-cygwin and -mms-bitfields. If you're using
Mingw32 GCC then you only need -mms-bitfields as it never links your
programs agains the cygwin1.dll.

> If the above setup won't work for some reason, what do I need to do as
> far as setup inorder to use Tor's GTK+ binarys but compiling under
> Cygwin?  Would this route be more "desirable" for end-users, i.e. the
> people who just want to run/use the code.  Would they just need to
> install Tor's dlls and set the PATH appropriately?

This is definitely the more desirable (and dare I say, the easier) option
for end users (using Tor's binaries for just running precompiled Gtk+
programs). Setting the PATH appropriately would certainly be the
only thing required on the part of the end user.

When it comes to compiling GtkGLExt or Gtk+ programs with Tor's
binaries try the following and let me know if you come unstuck.

1) Install Mingw32 GCC in your system. Preferred version of GCC is
3.2.X from the Mingw website. Usually this is installed in a directory
called say c:\mingw, then add c:\mingw\bin and c:\mingw\lib to your
windows PATH and also to your Cygwin PATH.

2) Install Tor's binaries and all dependencies in c:\mingw directory. You
should also install pkg-config in c:\mingw.

3) On your Cygwin shell check that when you run pkg-config with the options
--cflags and --libs flags it gives meaningful output. Then check to see if
the
back-quotes are properly interpreted by the shell and also substituted with
the
output from the pkg-config program.

4) Install GtkGLExt-1.0 binaries in c:\mingw as well. Then check with
pkg-config
to see if it picks up the .pc files.

5) Compile any Gtk or GtkGLExt using gcc -o program.exe program.c
`pkg-config --cflags --libs gtkglext-1.0`

Hope it helps. Cheers.

Alif.

Heaven on middle earth can only be in one distant peaceful corner of the
shire...New Zealand.