Re: [GtkGLExt] how to use multiple gl windows?

 --- walter tallent <w41t3r yahoo com> wrote: > Hi.
> I'm writing a 3d chess game for gnome and I want the
> user to be able to play or view multiple games at the
> same time.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to
> store only one copy of the pieces and board objects,
> and use these over and over for each window that's
> opened.
> I'm new to open-gl and pretty new to gtk altogether.
> I had concieved of a kind of client-server model where
> the "server" would store the pieces and the "clients"
> would access these objects to draw their particular
> game states, but I can't get visuals in more than one
> window at a time, in other words, when I start a new
> game (window), the visuals all move to that window,
> and the previous window becomes blank.
> I'm guessing that I need to use the share-list
> parameter to gtk_widget_set_gl_capability, but I guess
> I haven't figured out the right order to call things
> in.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thanks
> walter

Hi, I don't know too much about what you want to do, but in my own
program I can display more than 1 OpenGL widgets simultaneously no
problem. I just put 2 drawing_area widgets inside 2 other different
widgets with the same basic setup. Are you sure you didn't forget to
update them at the same time, or you used the same pointer for both
widgets?

Now for my own problem, I really hope to know how to specify which
OpenGL widget to use with my mouse callback function. Can anyone help
me out?

Best reguards,

Jack