Re: [gnome-love] GtkGLArea

> Well, from the gtkglarea mailing, I've been named maintainer.

Sorry, I didn't look back in the archives far enough.  Sorry about
that.  Congratulations on being named maintainer!

> I've opened a bugzilla entry for gtkglarea, so if you want to see
> something new or have bugs, please report them.

I have nothing that I am concerned about right now, I was just concerned
that there wasn't a maintainer.  I believe that GtkGlArea is an
important thing, if nothing else than make it possible to have 3-d
applications in GTK.  I would really hate to see this module suffer from
bitrot.

> I'm also looking at glext to see what it is exactly.

Here's something I don't understand - if you are using and extension to
GTK+ that uses OpenGL what does that get you?  It seems like it gets you
the ability to have OpenGL themes (which would be cool).  But, if you
want to have a OpenGL drawing area, you still need a widget to do that.
So, in essence, it seems like the projects are separate.  Perhaps
GtkGlArea could use glext, but it seems both sets of functionality are
important for various purposes.

		Have fun,
			Ted