Re: Version 0.8.2.2: Ruler updates 'smearing'

Hi John,

nice photo of you, and yes, the application does look awful.

Hmm. Since I am also not really themes expert (never cared about them, my windows are still grey), I can only guess (and hope for more knowledgeable readers of this mailing list):

I quickly went through the code of the gtkdatabox_ruler. The only thing that caught my eye is the following:

gdk_draw_drawable (widget->window,
             widget->style->black_gc,
             ruler->priv->backing_pixmap,
             ruler->priv->xsrc, ruler->priv->ysrc,
             ruler->priv->xsrc, ruler->priv->ysrc, bs_width, bs_height);

The black_gc probably needs to be replaced by fg_gc[GTK_WIDGET_STATE(ruler)]. It does do no harm on my machine and seems to be more consistent.

Let me know, if that helped...

Regards,

Roland

John Smith wrote:
Roland:

Thanks for the speedy response!

It turns out that the example program basics does the same thing on my target platform.

In addition it appears that the problem is related to a GTK+ theme. I happen to be using Aero-ion3.1 theme that has a black background - this is where the problem is apparent. However if I select another theme such as Clearlooks with a light background the scale appears 'the way it should'.

I've attached a photo of basics started when the Aero-ion3.1 theme is selected.

Hope this helps...

snafu

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn “10 hidden secrets” from Jamie. Learn Now <http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008>