grid and graph questiones

Hello,

I am writing a small application which uses gtkplot to display some recorded data,
it is a kind of software oscilloscope,

you can see a screenshot here:

http://www.pagelnet.de/scope.png

Now I got the Tip to take a lock at gtkdatabox and tested it in my application.

The vantages for me are the build in zoom and the easier data-handling.

A few questions:

I used the grid and the cross-simple.
when I zoom in the box, the cross simple will disappear,
I will never come back, even if I zoom out.
It seems the grid paints over the cross, because the zero of the cross stays still there.
Do you have an Idea what can be the reason?

Do you think it is easily possible to add a new graph function?
I want to have a graph with non-interpolated lines, so that I can see the steps.
As I saw, the lines at the moment are interpolated linear, can you tell me where in the code it is done? Perhaps I can add the step-graph by myself.

Is it possible to change the grid-lines?
I want to use a master grid, like the grid now, and a slave grid only with dots.

gtkdatabox is great, and much faster then gtk-extra, but it could have some more features :-)

Best regards,
Arne