Re: new slang module

I'm reposting since my reply don't appear in the mailing list.

Laurent.

* Alexey Shuvaev <shuvaev physik uni-wuerzburg de> [2008-05-23 19:25] :

> I am thinking about porting slgtkdatabox to freebsd. Could you please
> send the list of additional third-party packages required by
> slgtkdatabox (slang, slirp, etc.)?
> Preferably, with version numbers (for example, slang-2.1.3).

Hi Alexey,

slgtkdatabox-0.3 has been tested with slang-2.1.3 and slgtk-0.7.2 and 0.7.3
Slirp is used for bindings generation from C header files. You don't need
it to build and load modules.

> So far I have managed to compile it but the "make test" failed on import with
> error message about void_ptr_Type not found.

"make test" is a Slirp generated test that only try to import the module
that have just been built. In this very case, it fail because no attempt
is made to load the required gtk module. Maybe I should fix this.
You should try to run any example from examples directory or load the
module this way after installing it :
require ("gtkdatabox");
It will automatically load the required gtk module.

Feel free to ask for more details if needed.

Regards ;

Laurent.