API for drawing line between points...

Hi All,
I have to build a application where my requirements are as follows-
I am processing some packates and extracting out the cordinates for points.
I want to simply draw the points for given coordinates and also need to join them
 to get the smooth curves... I am not sure if there is any API available in
GtkDataBox? I searched in all header files but couldn't find much information.
I always saw sin and cos functions which are used.....
Please let me know if some one has any idea how i can do that?