Re: 0.8.2.0 released

Dear Laurent,

thanks for your comments.

> 1/ Although GtkDatabox will compile and run with gtk+-2.10 (and probably
> 2.12), pkg-config can't be run because gtk+-2.8 is required. In
> gtkdatabox.pc.in "Requires: gtk+-2.8" should probably be change to
> "Requires: gtk+-2.0". The configure script will determine if the library
> can be built.

Hmm. Not sure if I understand this comment. I have gtk+-2.12 on my
machine and configure runs fine:

[...]
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.8.0... yes (version 2.12.0)
[...]

What happens on your machine? Any suggestion how to amend configure.ac?

> 2/ I found the new parameters for get/set limits functions less
> confusing. A last thing looks inconsistant. Compare :
> gtk_databox_get_total_limits (box, &left, &right, &top, &bottom);
> To :
> gtk_databox_calculate_extrema (box, &xmin, &xmax, &ymin, &ymax);

There is a difference:

* gtk_databox_calculate_extrema determines the lowest x value, the
largest x value etc. from the data sets, independently from anything you
can see on the screen.

* gtk_databox_get_total_limits returns the values which are represented
by the leftmost, topmost, ... pixels.

Since you can invert the scales, "top" is not necessarily equivalent to
ymax (same with left, right, bottom).

For instance, if your y-values range from -10 to 0, calculate_extrema
would return ymin=-10, ymax=0. But you could use the set_total_limits
function with top=-10 and bottom=0 (and get_total_limits would return
the values accordingly).

> Thanks for your work. I believe that GtkDatabox will become a major
> library for scientists.

(blush)

Regards,

Roland