Re: [gtk-win32] g_io_channel_win32_poll() and pipes....

I don't seem to be having much success with this problem but I did find this similar report in the gnome archives:-

Tor's explanation is that glib is built using MSVC++6 whose file handles won't work with anything later, such as VC++8 or 9. As it happens, I'm using 8.

Can anyone here confirm if that situation is still true? I've been using glib-win32/gtk-win32 quite extensively for several months without being aware of any such problem until a few days ago. Most of the other libraries I'm using (e.g. libboost) seem to be built using Visual Studio 2005 (i.e. VC++8) so it would be a great shame if glib is incompatible with them all.

John