Re: [gtk-win32] Bugfix for transient dialogs posted a year ago

bulia byak writes:
 > Whoa, who would guess? Thanks for figuring this out, but this sounds
 > like yet another brokenness of the WM that you are using. On KDE
 > 3.3.2, setting a window transient does indeed hide it from the taskbar
 > (this must be a recent change, as far as I remember a few versions ago
 > it didn't do that),

Let's not let this discussion deteriorate into a GNOME/KDE flame war;)

Can we be sure that the behaviour you see on current KDE is the
*correct* one? Isn't it more likely that as you use KDE, you tweak
your code to call GTK+ functions in such a way that makes it behave
correctly in current KDE. Another person, developing on GNOME, might
come up with a slightly different way to use the GTK+ API, that makes
the program behave correctly on his window manager. How can one know
for sure which one is correct?

 > Properly behaving, transient, stay-on-top dialogs need not ever be
 > present on the taskbar.

Indeed.

--tml