Re: QEMU VNC Audio Patch

  Hi,

>    I do not think that the VNC protocol is significantly different than the MP4
> protocol.   Both can interlace audio/video data.   And both can provide a
> quality experience.   In my opinion, it is really up to the *encoder* to
> ensure that the audio/video is multiplexed appropriately in the stream so that
> the client can properly decode things.   VNC protocol has the added benefit
> that the server can detect how powerful the client/network is via measuring
> the latency of updates.   It is my opinion that if the MPEG protocol can do
> it, so can the VNC protocol.

On the other hand mp4 compresses much better.  But, yea, vnc server side
logic can be improved.  Right now there is some very simple control
logic:  When there is pending data for the output pipe which can't be
written out (due to buffers being full) it stops stuffing in screen
updates, which has the effect that the screen update rate goes down when
the network is saturated.  This doesn't consider audio at all, which
certainly can be improved ...

cheers,
  Gerd