Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] New hosting options?

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 06:43:29AM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
> Em Sex, 2008-09-26 às 13:53 -0500, Anthony Liguori escreveu:
> > So Sourceforge has basically broken our mercurial repos.  I've also not
> > gotten around to finding a new wiki.
> >
> > So I'm thinking we ought to just switch to a static web page along with
> > hosting our mercurial repository somewhere else.  Does anyone have any
> > suggestions where we could host it?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Anthony Liguori
>
> Hi. Launchpad is a good option. They have a good structure to host
> projects. The problem is that they use bazaar. Is changing from
> mercurial to bazaar a possible solution?

I'd rather we used a project hosting service fully committed to open
source software. Until the Launchpad source is open, I've no interest
in using it. Yes, I'm not a fan of sourceforge either for this same
reason, so would pleased for us to move hosting elsewhere which can
provide all the technical resources we want.

The two fully open source hosting services I know of providing officially
supported Mercurial repos are Debian's Alioth and FSF's Savannah

  http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Hg
  http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingHg

Regards,
Daniel