[gtk-vnc-devel] rare blowup and crash when trying to delete widget...

I have witnessed a rather rare crash a few times, enough times to know what it is and why it's happening. When the widget is destroyed by the application, but the connection is still "good" it may try to refresh the screen while the widget is being destroyed. It doesn't happen very often, but if one were to simply check for errors at the top of gvnc_server_message() and return 0 if there have been errors, this problem would evaporate....

if(ret < 0) {
   GVNCDEBUG("Aborting message processing on error.\n);
   return !gvnc_has_error(gvnc);
}

if(gvnc_has_error(gvnc)) return 0;    /* Add this line */

switch(msg) {

... and so on.

I'd send a diff, but my at-work dev machine doesn't have your current sources nor mercurial.

R Stoddard