[gtk-vnc-devel] GLib's Logging

Hi, folks.

I'm writing a library and want to print debug messages, by using
g_debug() macro. Is there a way to hide them by default, and let the
caller app show it by using g_set_handler()?

I have found a way, which is, in the library, call g_set_handler() using
a dummy function, which does nothing. So, it's up to the app using the
library to show or not the messages, by calling g_set_handler().

The problem is that in order to the above approach work, I have to do
that stuff in the start of the program. But how to do this inside the

My library:

static void dummy_log ( const gchar *log_domain G_GNUC_UNUSED,
			GLogLevelFlags log_level G_GNUC_UNUSED,
			const gchar *message G_GNUC_UNUSED,
			gpointer user_data G_GNUC_UNUSED)
void disable_debug (void)
  g_log_set_handler (G_LOG_DOMAIN,

So, at some point in my library, I have to call disable_debug(), so that
the messages in g_debug() don't appear in stdout. How to do this?

Or is there another way to hide the messages by default?

Jonh Wendell