Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] Embedding gtk-vnc in a scrolled window inside Mozilla == unhappiness

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
As a very simple change, I'm trying to put a scrolled window around the Gtk-VNC plugin in Mozilla. To cut a long story short, if the scrolled window's scrollbar policies are set to AUTOMATIC/AUTOMATIC, I get an absolutely crazy 67,000 line stack trace. Below are the top 100

Which suggests an infinite loop of some sort.

entries. There's not much "periodicity" in the stack trace that I can determine. Seems like random Gtk widgets signalling each other over and over in a rather undefined order.

Well, the only thing gtk-vnc does is set_size_request() in the on_resize handler. It also emits a desktop-resize signal here. You shouldn't be able to trigger the on_resize handler though. Maybe try removing the set_size_request() call and see if that prevents the loop?

Just FYI, my experiences with GtkSocket/GtkPlug have not been very good. I originally implemented XEmbed for QEMU before doing a VNC server but I gave up on that approach because it was so buggy and fickle.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

If the adjustments are set to ALWAYS/ALWAYS then I don't get a stack overflow, but the scrollbars don't appear (well, actually they do appear but they are 1 px thin, so somewhat tricky to use unless the user has very good motor skills).

Of course the same code works fine in a standalone C program, virt-viewer, virt-manager, etc.

If anyone's got any idea, please let me know. Otherwise I'll just keep chipping away at it ... Next step is to try a standalone C program using GtkSocket & GtkPlug explicitly.

Rich.