Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] mouse pointer doesn't follow up in viewer...

I found that the tight encoding causes the TightVNC server that I have to not transmit pointer coordinates. I commented out the Tight encodings in the capabilities exchange, and the mouse pointer moves normally now.

Thank you,

Rob Stoddard

Anthony Liguori wrote:
Rob Stoddard wrote:
I have been working with your wonderful library in attempts to create a VNC viewer that my company can use for its product's desktop sharing extension. My first attempt at doing something with your widget was to insert OpenGL support; however, you guys beat me to the punch. I really like your library, but I am having trouble with one thing.

The viewer application that I need to create is just that- a pure viewer that offers no control to the user, since it'll be running on a system that has no keyboard or mouse attached. I would like the mouse pointer to be controllable from the remote server, however, as much as I could do that prior to the OpenGL mod, I can't seem to make it happen now. The pointer reflects all changes from one type to another, however, it just sits in one place on the screen.

Have you tried disabling local cursor? I've only tested the read-only mode against QEMU which doesn't not support local cursors.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I've been going through the code to see where the disconnect may be... If I find it before you guys do, I'll report it, however, I would really appreciate hearing from you guys if you find the issue before I do.

Thank you very much

Rob Stoddard