Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] Broken with vino?

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:59:30PM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> I'm experiencing a weird behavior between vinagre and vino:
>
> - In the first connect, the connection is closed after authentication (I
> get initial server framebuffer update). The second connection works
> fine.
>
> By 'first connection' I mean: Start the server on the server-side; and
> connect from the client. Second connection: Try to reconnect without
> restart the server.
> If I restart the server, then the cycle begins again: the first client
> is disconnected.
>
> I thought it was an error on the server side, but connecting with
> vncviewer is fine, even on the first attempt.
>
> I also disabled TLS (auth 18) in gtk-vnc, but I got the same error.
>
> Very weird... Any thoughts?

It is a little odd - can you tell if it is GTK-VNC closing the connection
first, or it Vino is closing the connection & GTK-VNC is just responding
to this. The log from GTK-VNC is inconclusive - I think you'll probably
need to debug Vino to try and find if its closing the connection and on
what condition its doing so.

> Running main loop
> FramebufferUpdate(7, 0, 0, 1280, 51)
> FramebufferUpdate(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
> FramebufferUpdate(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
> FramebufferUpdate(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
> FramebufferUpdate(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
> FramebufferUpdate(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
> FramebufferUpdate(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

Kind of wierd to see it sending soo many 0x0 pixel updates.

Dan.