Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] [patch] Use export-symbols-regex to fix ld problem on solaris

Halton Huo wrote:
On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 13:54 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 02:57:17PM +0800, Halton Huo wrote:
Anthony,

As your request, the patch is ready, please review it. I verified on
Solaris and Ubuntu platform.

On system which ld does not support --version-script like Solaris
$cat src/Makefile|grep ^libgtk_vnc_1_0_la_LDFLAGS
libgtk_vnc_1_0_la_LDFLAGS = -Wl, export-symbols-regex 'vnc_' \

On system which ld support ???--version-script like Ubuntu
$ cat src/Makefile|grep ^libgtk_vnc_1_0_la_LDFLAGS
libgtk_vnc_1_0_la_LDFLAGS = -Wl, --version-script=
$(srcdir)/libgtk-vnc_sym.version \
This looks good to me.
Ping.
I do not have check-in permission. Anyone want to help to commit this
patch?

Sorry, I've been very busy this past week.

BTW, how can I have this permission? By now, I only did porting work
Solaris.

Since we use mercurial, the most effective model for people to host their own trees verses giving a bunch of people commit access to the same tree. The only reason three people have commit access to the main tree now is that noone has enough bandwidth to play the role of full time integrator.

If you, or anyone else, wants to put up a mercurial tree somewhere, I'd be willing to pull directly from the tree. Of course, all patches have to go on the mailing list first so I'm not sure if it would save any time.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Thanks,
Halton.