Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] crash on disconnect

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 07:45:06PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Jonh Wendell wrote:

> >>What do you mean by 'disconnect'  ? Are you closing the GTK window, or
> >>just using the disconnect API in vncdisplay, or something else ?
> >>

> >In Vinagre, I press 'Close' button, which removes it from notebook,
> >which destroys the widget (actually it calls gtk_container_remove()
> >which can potentially destroy the widget).

> >>The debug output doesn't show any sign that GTK-VNC has been
> >>asked to disconnect, so the co-routine is still running and
> >>presumably whatever its writing to no longer exists.
> >>

> >Yes, in my case, I do not call vnc_close() or similar, I just destroy
> >the widget.
> >

> That's not the best of things to do.  You should really explicitly close
> the connection before destroying the widget if you can.

Actually that should be OK since we increment the ref-count when the
coroutine is running so that the vncdisplay widget is not actually
free'd until it exits. What's odd though is that the debug trace does
not show the vncdisplay widget cleanup code being called which I would
definitely expect if it were being destroyed indirectly by its container.

Dan.
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, Boston   -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|