Re: Problem with long list for ComboBoxText

This is, I think, a design decision of GTK (mainly due to accessibility concerns). See issue post here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/270#note_394060.

It may be possible to implement the keypress hack you described, but you may be compromising accessibility
for aesthetics.

Best,
Jeremy