Re: Poppler binding bug / G::O::I

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 12:20:11PM +0200, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
The module uses Glib::Object::Introspection to generate the bindings, and I'm unsure if the fix for this
bug should be in G::O::I or some sort of override in the Poppler module. Getting too deep into the
glib/XS internals may be beyond me, and I'm hoping someone on this list might have suggestions on how to
approach the issue.

Looks like a bug in Glib::Object::Introspection.  Can you try the change
I just committed?

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/perl-glib-object-introspection/commit/42cdec8f455bd855c3f4af056d82f6acd10ab36a

Thank you for looking into it. The user reports that the patch has indeed fixed the original issue --
however, it appears that the memory is now being freed too early. He has provided in-depth details in the
CPAN bug report:

I also suggested that he open a new thread here to get in contact with you directly.

Thanks,
Jeremy