[Important + Long] GNOME (and Gtk-Perl) Git repos have moved to a dedicated GitLab server

Hi all,

If you haven't already found out (the hard way), the GNOME project has
moved all of the Git repos on git.gnome.org to a dedicated GitLab
server back at the end of May.  The new Git server's URL is:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/

The old GNOME Git URL of https://git.gnome.org will now redirect to
the GNOME GitLab instance at the above URL.  There are also some
archived Gtk-Perl projects available at:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Archive

See [1], [2], and [3] for much more info, but I'll summarize the
important bits below.

What this move means to you, if you are a Gtk-Perl user, or you
develop Gtk-Perl applications;

- Not much, the Gtk-Perl project will still release to both CPAN and
SourceForge, as in the past
- You can browse non-archived Gtk-Perl projects at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME, and archived projects at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Archive (Hint: search for 'perl' in the
project name to significantly narrow search results)
- The mailing list will still exist (AFAIK)
- Bug reports will still be taken via RT (https://rt.cpan.org),
Bugzilla is now officially read-only.  We may opt as a project to use
GitLab issues in the future, but I'm guessing this would need
discussion first

What this move means to you, if you develop or package the Gtk-Perl
libraries themselves;

- You will need one of the following accounts to push code to the GitLab server
  - GNOME LDAP
  - GitHub (via OAuth2)
  - GitLab (via OAuth2, I think)
  - GMail (via OAuth2)
- If you already had a GNOME developer account on the GNOME LDAP
server, then your LDAP credentials will be the ones you use to log in
to the GNOME GitLab server
- GNOME/Gtk-Perl GitLab login URL: https://gitlab.gnome.org/users/sign_in
- You will need to update URLs in Git "config" files inside every
Gtk-Perl repository that you have cloned on your local machine before
you will be able to push/pull new code
- You can now create "pull requests" in GitLab for submitting patches
to Gtk-Perl libraries.  I'm guessing this will take some getting used
to by everyone before this becomes an accepted practice
- At some point, we will need to make releases of *all* of the
Gtk-Perl projects to update source code repository URLs in the
code/docs.
- Bug reports can still be taken via RT (https://rt.cpan.org),
Bugzilla is now officially read-only.
- We can have the Bugzilla bugs migrated to GitLab "issues", and
accept new issues in GitLab if we wanted; the migration of Bugzilla
bugs to GitLab issues has not been requested yet
- Not all of the Gtk-Perl repos are currently available in the main
"GNOME" project, some of the repos (Cairo, Cairo::GObject,
ExtUtils::Depends, Pango, and other older/deprecated modules) are
available for cloning/pulling from the GNOME GitLab Archive project
(https://gitlab.gnome.org/Archive)
- I'm not sure at the moment how to get the archived repos that are
still required for other modules (Gtk2, Gtk3) migrated back to the
main GNOME project
- There are probably more things that I'm forgetting to mention here.

For reference, here are the modules that were placed in the "Archive" project:

    - perl-Cairo-GObject
    - perl-Cairo
    - perl-ExtUtils-Depends
    - perl-GStreamer-GConf
    - perl-GStreamer-Interfaces
    - perl-GStreamer
    - perl-Gnome2-Dia
    - perl-Gnome2-PanelApplet
    - perl-Gnome2-Rsvg
    - perl-Gnome2-VTE
    - perl-Gtk2-GLExt
    - perl-Gtk2-HTML
    - perl-Gtk2-MozEmbed
    - perl-Gtk2-Recent
    - perl-Gtk2-SourceView2
    - perl-Gtk2-SourceView
    - perl-Gtk2-Spell
    - perl-Gtk2-TrayManager
    - perl-Gtk2-TrayІcon
    - perl-Pango

If you have any questions about this migration that aren't already
answered in the links below ([1], [2] and [3]), please reply to the
list (not to me directly), and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks,

Brian

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/GitLab
[2] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2018-March/msg00023.html