Re: Precarious status of Shutter in Debian

On 20 October 2017 at 14:53, Norbert Preining <norbert preining info> wrote:
I'm not entirely sure why you think the whole thing shouldn't be
retired altogether.

Because it simply works nicely? Only because Gtk/Gnome maniacs

Nice contribution.

Could you please try to avoid insulting other people in the free
software community, especially when looking to get their help?

Otherwise you should reconsider replying at all.

are switching to something rather useless,

We clearly have different definitions of "useless".

doesn't mean that old software
is becoming useless, too.

Unmaintained software that uses long since deprecated functionality is
not strictly speaking "useless", but it's definitely a source of risk,
especially when running it inside a platform that is still maintained.

Of course, you're absolutely free to keep using old, unmaintained
software; you can either choose never to upgrade the environment in
which it runs, or you get to pick up its maintenance.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io