Re: EntryCompletion

On 24 January 2017 at 20:54, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
From the source at
<https://git.gnome.org//browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkentrycompletion.c#n912>,
it looks like all key press events on the popup are forwarded to the
entry.  So, how about catching Gtk3::Gdk::KEY_Delete there?

Thanks. I'm still using Gtk2, but the principle is the same.

However, how do I tell whether a suggestion is highlighted in the
drop-down of the EntryCompletion or not?

If the user is just deleting characters from the Entry, it would be
wrong to assume that he wants to remove the EntryCompletion that
created it. I would delete the item If the EntryCompletion is
dropped-down and the item is highlighted when the delete key is
pressed.

Regards

Jeff