Re: perli11ndoc: an interactive documentation viewer

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Dystan Hays <dystan gmail com> wrote:
  I'm probably not familiar enough with the infrastructure for all this, so
I hope the following information is useful rather than just annoying.

  I attempted "cpanm -S Glib::Object::Introspection" and it failed,
suggesting to peruse the resulting build.log which is reproduced below:

This is your problem;

Package gobject-introspection-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search
path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`gobject-introspection-1.0.pc'
No package 'gobject-introspection-1.0' found
 at Makefile.PL line 105.
*** can not find package gobject-introspection-1.0 >= 0.10.0
*** check that it is properly installed and available in PKG_CONFIG_PATH
 at Makefile.PL line 105.
-> N/A
-> FAIL Configure failed for Glib-Object-Introspection-0.028. See
/home/dystan/.cpanm/work/1440350656.10713/build.log for detail
s.

The module setup process can't find the gobject-introspection-1.0.pc
file on your system.  You need to install the -dev (Debian/Ubuntu) or
-devel (Red Hat/Fedora/CentOS) packages for the corresponding
gobject-introspection package before you'll be able to build the
Glib::Object::Introspection Perl module.

What distro are you using?

Thanks,

Brian