Gtk3::Clipboard problem

Hello.

I am playing with Gtk3 Perl. I want to make an application to show people that it is possible in Perl to write desktop apps in GTK+ 3 toolkit.

Everything was fine but now I want to in my example application copy some text data to clipboard to share it between my app and other apps. How to do that? Is the code below the right way how to do that?

my $clipboard = Gtk3::Clipboard::get(Gtk3::Gdk::Atom::intern('clipboard', 0));
$clipboard->set_text($col1content, length $col1content);

Source code of my little example app is in attachment. Now the code does not generate any error messages but is still not working.

Regards,
Martin Mézl