Re: advice needed for spinner

On Thu, 29 May 2014 11:27:27 +0900
tsuyoshi okita <825864 gmail com> wrote:

Dear gurus,

I've been trying let a spinner spins at the same time sending an email
by forking and failing.  Although a program forks, and one child process

After reading all the replies by Brian Manning concerning
the difficulty of controlling the widget thru forks, I would
like to remind you that threads do a good job with this,
if you do it correctly.
( My code below may not be correct, but it works. :-)
 See http://www.perlmonks.org?node_id=804402 for
a discussion.

I'm not delving into Gtk3 yet, but the attached Gtk2 code
should be modifiable to Gtk3.

0m,
zentara