Re: Using Glib::Object::Introspection to have access to Gtk3

On 19 August 2014 04:46, Anirvan Sarkar <powers anirvan gmail com> wrote:
I am trying to port a Gtk2-perl application to Gtk3. I came to know about
the Glib::Object::Introspection module. Its synopsis at
https://metacpan.org/pod/Glib::Object::Introspection says that one can do:

use Glib::Object::Introspection;
Glib::Object::Introspection->setup(basename => 'Gtk', version => '3.0',
package => 'Gtk3');

to have access to Gtk3 library. So does this mean that it we can replace

use Gtk2;

with this without any problems (except use proper Gtk3 syntax wherever
required)?

You'd better use the Gtk3 module instead.
You'll get more things properly set up this way (It has overrides for
compatibility or
issues with introspection)