gtk2::iconview and selection_mode

Hi all,

I'm working on a gtk2 version of the (gtk3) IconView example here:
https://github.com/dave-theunsub/gtk3-perl-demos/blob/master/iconview.pl

The gtk2 docs say there's a ->set_selection_mode:

http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/pod/Gtk2/IconView.html#enum_Gtk2_SelectionM

It should accept 'single' to activate the single click selection, but
it doesn't appear to work for me.  Instead, you have to use the
'button-press-event' if you want 'single'.  Is this expected, or is
something not right?  (Or I've goofed, of course.)

Sample attached.  Using version perl-Gtk2-1.247-1.

Thanks,
Dave M